Tuesday 20 November 2012

Ulmus_1

Ulmus_1

hamburg_ulme

(The name hamburg_ulme refers to the collecting site, wich was in the urban zone of  Hamburg.
This in mind, the tree was collected on holy ground you know ...  :-)  ).    -
I have to admit that Volker B., a bonsai-compagnion, in the first place brought up the basic design of the tree.
I am very greatful for his first aid!
After this first basic styling, I spoiled the designing of the tree a bit.
Flat leaf-pads on a deciduous tree is in direct contradiction to the natural habitus of such trees.
Well, I did not know it better that days (on my own)  as I made the first designing attempts on this elm.
I will try to improve that this winter.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This picture shows how it begun.
As a matter of fact I was the opinion, that this elm would be good raw material.
Nowadays I think, it was just a rookies mistake to collect such an ugly slinge  :-) ...
Beginners often do not look at the nebari and tachiagari, but  they think the crown of the tree is very attractive and already close to a bonsai-appeal. I also was this strong conviction in 1996.
Anyway ...
In 2006 my bonsai-fellows and me decided  to cut off the right subtrunk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



... Absolutely not proud of this trees, at least at this stage of developement.
But this winter I am really looking foreward to try to improve the design.
The new posting in December will show, if the "renaturalisation" of the branches 
was succesful ...








No comments:

Post a Comment